Saturday, July 22, 2017

A New Challenge

If you haven't heard I have undertaken a new ice cream treat journey.  I have decided to make a post about it here, talk about the future of this blog, and leave my first Dairy Queen Blizzard review.  This will be a much shorter entry featuring about a fourth of the content and about a sixteenth of the wit but I'm all about click bait so it will probably be hyped up a whole lot.

The new challenge is to eat every Dairy Queen Blizzard on the menu.  I've had a few questions about what the Dairy Queen menu actually consists of so I felt the need to clarify that I will be eating the core menu and will try to eat the monthly special that Dairy Queen puts out but I'm making no guarantees on that front.  The goal is to eat one Blizzard a week but that could change as well.  

After this review the blog will more than likely move to one that better represents the challenge.  I should have thought about the future when making my original blog but I was to scared about the daunting task before to think that I'd want to tackle another resturuant so fast.  So if you have a good name for a potential blog leave a message in the comments or shoot me a Facebook message or something.  I'm relying on your wit to create something good.

Lastly we have the first review.  In the future expect 3-4 Blizzards in a review but I was so excited to update the blog that we only have one for today and boy is it a good one.

The first blizzard I took down was banana split.

Wow, the presentation of this blizzard was not good.  It had already started to melt and you know how they have to turn the blizzard upside down when they deliver it to you?  I thought that was going to be the end of the blizzards life.  It was close too.  But I got it and ate it and it was alright until I dropped my spoon.  I then had to ask the DQ worker for a new one.  Not a good start for someone I'm sure I'm going to become familiar with.

The blizzard itself was alright.

Taste- 3.5/5- I expected a lot more banana flavor in this to be honest.  It had a strawberry base and chunks of fruit in it but the banana was lacking.  I think there only two pieces of banana in the entire blizzard.  It was outweighed by pineapple chunks which I already don't believe mix well with ice cream so I was a little dissapointed.

Consistency- 4.5/5- The consistency wasn't bad.  Everything was mixed well and there were always chunks of fruit mixed in the ice cream, no long fruitless stretches although sometimes the fruit that I found were hard, a byproduct of improper thawing.

Overall- 8/10- This was probably a bottom-tier blizzard.  I had really high hopes because I like banana splits and even higher when I saw that strawberry would be prominent but there were too many nasty chunks of pineapple and cherry to bring this to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment