Sunday, February 14, 2016

Finally An Update!

It's been a whileeeee.  At first I was going to write a terrible parody of The Staind but I'm far to lazy for that  Anyway, it has been a while.  To say I've done a good job at eating milkshakes would be an overstatement.  I have struggled mightily at this seemingly simple task, but have no fear, that will be addressed in this blog post! 

I have eaten three since my last update and since I like to do an update in three, I will now rank and rate them.

Strawberry- To show how long it has been since milkshakes, I will tell a story.  I went and saw Star Wars on opening night and afterwards we decided to swing through Cookout.  I went for the Strawberry milkshake because I hadn't had it yet and think Strawberry is critically underrated.  As I walked in, excited because I was done with first semester exams, I dropped this milkshake and a good half of it went all over the dorm floor. 

From what I did get to eat, the consistency and taste were solid. 5/5 all around.

Overall, another 5.  I love Strawberry milkshakes.  They are far above chocolate and vanilla, and with little chunks of actual strawberry, this was pretty good.

Banana Pudding

How does one achieve banana pudding in a milkshake?  You put vanilla wafers in it of course!

Taste- Wow.  These vanilla wafers really brought this whole thing together.  5/5 for this.

Consistency- You might think that chunks of cookie could throw off the consistency, but you are wrong.  The cookies were well enough spaced out that they had me craving more without over doing it. 5/5.

Overall- 5/5 this has a chance to be the frontrunner for best milkshake.

Unfortunately, it won't be at the top because of:

Peanut Butter Fudge

This is my favorite Cookout milkshake.  I have had this one more than any other one so I was happy to return to the king of Cookout milkshakes.

Taste- This is everything the Reese's Cup milkshake should be.  This tastes better than it and really it isn't all that close. 5/5

Consistency- The peanut butter and fudge is expertly crafted to make an equal chocolate and peanut better bite, like a Reese's Cup should be.  Bravo Cookout 5/5.

Overall- 5/5 This is the top dog.

So as you can see, I have struggled with the challenge.  I am refusing to go down this time though.  That is why I am extending the milkshake challenge.  I am giving myself until May 2017 to eat all of the milkshakes.  This does not mean I will stop or admit defeat, I'm just giving myself a more realistic goal because Dairy Queen gives out BOGOF milkshakes on days it snows and I think the day of eating 6 milkshakes in a day or behind me.  I have never done that, although one time I tried to eat a 6 pound Rueben.  Thankfully they don't make Rueben milkshakes or this challenge would be over.  Anyway, I'm rambling.  Hopefully the milkshake eating and the updates will start to pick up as the temperature gets cooler and the semester gets more stressful.

6 comments:

  1. Our hero has finally returned, and it looks like you're shaking things up a bit. Whether it's May 2017 or May 2097, I will stand by until you've reached your dreams. Good luck, Landon, and I look forward to more dairy-infused posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is awkward, I misspelled something and didn't realize it would inform the world... Strawberry IS critically underrated!

      Delete
  3. I am terribly saddened to see this. Though I admire your aspirations to consume every milkshake, part of the brilliance of this challenge was the seemingly superhuman act of eating every single one within such a short period of time. Your slight slump early this year would only have made your ultimate triumph greater. It would have become like the classic sports movie. But you have chosen to make your challenge easier in the face of adversity. You have chosen to be the surfer who loses an arm to a shark and quits surfing. You are like the karate kid who gives up after he hurts his leg. Instead of facing giants, you are facing children. I am so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Landon, don't let your haters get you down. Myself and so many others support you in this decision. The beauty of the milkshake challenge is not the time frame, but rather the fact that you are getting the experience of trying so many flavors and are sharing them with us. As you and the commenter above alluded to, the challenge was becoming impossible to complete. The challenge is not what's important though, instead it is is the culinary experience. If you were to forced to down six shakes in a day, it would ruin the fun of this experience. Also, lengthening the timeframe means more time for us to enjoy these posts. I hope you ignore those who are bashing you for this decision and keep the dream of trying all 40+ milkshakes alive.

    ReplyDelete