Thursday, December 17, 2015

An Update!

Well guys finals is over which means that I can get back to the important things in life like eating milkshakes.  First of all I'd just like to thank you for all the kind words about the blog.  I do it primarily for three seasons.  1. To stroke my ego. 2. I love milkshakes and 3 for you all.  But seriously I do appreciate it.  Also I'm already struggling to remember which milkshakes I've had so this could be a long year.  Anyway, enough mushy stuff though time to get to the milkshake review.  The first one I had was:


Eggnog!

I'm not going to lie.  I have never had eggnog in real life so honestly I don't know what it's supposed to taste like.  This particular milkshake tasted like nothing mixed with a slight hint of vanilla.  I was told by someone who has had eggnog before that this milkshake does indeed taste like eggnog but not necessary the best eggnog so I'm going to give it a 4/5 on taste

Consistency: It tasted like a mix of vanilla and nothing throughout. 5/5

Overall 4/5.  This is a festive milkshake that I only got because it's only available in December and I'm trying to eat every milkshake on the menu.

The next milkshake on the list was caramel chocolate. This one took some getting used to.  At first, the sweetness of the caramel overwhelms you but you get used to it quickly.  It's nicely balanced out with the almost palate cleansing chocolate.  You can never really taste the two flavors together but they balance out nice.

Taste- 5/5 good balance which is sometimes a Cookout struggle.

Consistency- 4/5 I guess this is where the fact that I couldn't taste both flavors at once comes into play.

Overall- 5/5.  At first I thought this was going to be hard to stomach, but I was extremely surprised!

Lastly, we go from caramel chocolate to just caramel.  This was recommended by a coworker when we went to Cookout and part of me wants to bash it because they were really worried I wouldn't like it.  I'm not going to do that though.  Honestly, it's the same as caramel chocolate minus the chocolate flavor.  It starts out way to sweet, you get used to it.

Taste- 5/5.  This one does rank slightly lower though, the chocolate was nice.  Bring back the chocolate.

Consistency- 5/5.  If they would have messed up caramel and ice cream mixed together it would have been a sad day for Cookout.

Overall 5/5.  It was pretty good overall.

So team, I'll probably get at least one more milkshake before the end of the semester and rank all the ones I've had so far but as you can see we have an uphill battle to get all the milkshakes done moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment